Connect with us

Scandal

Bachelor in Paradise: DeMario Jackson Lawyer Speaks Out

Published

on

Bachelor in Paradise: DeMario Jackson Lawyer Speaks Out 

Earlier this month, Bachelor in Paradise pulled the plug on production of the show’s fourth season after an alleged incident of sexual misconduct took place between stars DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios. Now, Jackson’s attorney is speaking out, defending his client and claiming Jackson has been victimized by the rampant speculation surrounding what really occurred.

Jackson’s lawyer Walter Mosley told Variety, “This has caused a lot of trauma — both physical and emotional injury. It’s been difficult for DeMario and his family. He’s a celebrity for all the wrong reasons … I have requested the tapes and I’m hoping to see the tapes next week. The tapes are the real facts needed to vindicate DeMario’s name.”

Jackson, who has been accused of engaging in sexual activity with Olympios when she was allegedly too intoxicated to consent, has called the reports surrounding the incident an “assassination” of his character. He also claims to have lost a job as a result of the allegations waged against him and maintains that video footage from the encounter may exonerate him once and for all.

At present, there are no criminal proceedings being brought against Jackson, but Olympios has also retained counsel. As she said in a statement last week, “I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”

Olympios has reportedly also not been given access to screen the tapes of the evening just yet.

Jackson’s attorney Mosley added that the availability of footage of the evening in question makes this a very unique case for him and all parties involved. He told Variety, “As a lawyer, oftentimes, you’re in a case where it’s a he-said-she-said and there are parties with conflicting stories, and every once in a while, you’re gifted with a story that the entire thing is caught on camera,” he says. “This is one of those rare occasions because they were shooting a reality television show. For 20 or 30 people to get it wrong or to miss something, for seasoned professionals over at Warner Bros. and ABC to get it wrong and for some third party who never saw the tape and who wasn’t on set at the time of the incident to make an accusation — as a lawyer, it’s like Christmas.”

Although Mosley assured the publication that his first goal as Jackson’s representative is to clear his name of any wrongdoing, he has not ruled out legal action against any of the other parties involved in the matter.

Via: TVGuide

News

Watch: Mother of slain Florida student screams at Trump live on camera — and CNN’s Brooke Baldwin falls apart

Published

on

Watch: Mother of slain Florida student screams at Trump live on camera — and CNN’s Brooke Baldwin falls apart

Mother Lori Alhadeff lost her daughter Alyssa Wednesday after Nikolas Cruz, a 19-year-old man, killed 17 students at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. In an interview with CNN Thursday she screamed into the camera demanding President Donald Trump do something.

“How? How do we allow a gunman to come into our children’s school?” Alhadeff asked. “How do they get through security? What security is there? There’s no metal detectors. The gunman, a crazy person, just walks right into the school, knocks on the window of my child’s door and starts shooting, shooting her and killing her!”

She then turned her anger to the president.

“President Trump, you say what can you do?” she asked, responding to Trump’s statement earlier. “You can stop the guns from getting into these children’s hands! Put metal detectors at every entrance to the schools. What can you do? You can do a lot! This is not fair to our families and our children go to school and have to get killed! I just spent the last two hours putting the burial arrangements for my daughters funeral, who is 14! Fourteen! President Trump, please do something! Do something. action! We need it now! These kids need now!”

The cameras cut back to Baldwin, who is in Parkland meeting with families and covering the tragedy. She cast her eyes down and held up her hand, her voice cracking.

“Sorry, Gary, thank you,” Baldwin said before she paused again. “I’m sorry. It’s just — Congressman [Ted] Deutch, help me out, of Florida here. Just hearing that mother, I’m sorry. It got me.”

Deutch talked to Baldwin about things that should be done but Baldwin hammered him on what he actually intends to do. Like many Democrats, however, Deutch doesn’t have any power in Congress to go up against the gun lobby.

Watch the video below:

Continue Reading

News

Trump’s Lawyer Claims He Alone Personally Paid Stormy Daniels $130K, But Won’t Say Why

Published

on

Trump’s Lawyer Claims He Alone Personally Paid Stormy Daniels $130K, But Won’t Say Why

On Tuesday, Donald Trump‘s long-time personal attorney, Michael D. Cohen made a stunning admission. He claims that it was he who paid adult film actress Stormy Daniels, whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford, $130,000 in 2016 during Trump’s presidential campaign.

The New York Times reported that Trump’s lawyer of over decade claims to have paid the porn star without any reimbursement or contribution from Trump or the Trump campaign. However, when asked, the attorney failed to provide reporters with any details regarding the reason behind his generous gift to a porn actress with whom his client allegedly had a year-long sexual relationship.

“Neither the Trump Organization nor the Trump campaign was a party to the transaction with Ms. Clifford, and neither reimbursed me for the payment, either directly or indirectly,” Mr. Cohen said in a statement to The New York Times. “The payment to Ms. Clifford was lawful, and was not a campaign contribution or a campaign expenditure by anyone.”

Continue reading below the advertisement.

On Tuesday evening, poor Rachel Maddow drew the unfortunate duty of breaking the story on MSNBC.

 

It’s hard to say what’s more disgusting, the idea that Trump’s attorney paid off a porn actress to cover for his client or that Cohen honestly believes that most people (except for Fox News fans) are stupid enough to swallow his ridiculous, half-baked, bullshit alibi.

I mean there are lies, like claiming to have the most massive inauguration crowd in U.S. history and then there are claims such Cohen’s that if were made in The Matrix, would probably crash reality.

Meanwhile, in a quiet office somewhere in Washington, Special Counsel Robert Mueller was probably sitting at his desk reading reports. Maybe he took a look at his phone, read this news alert and quietly chuckled before making another note in his daily tablet. And one can imagine that such a daily journal would be nearly full by now.

Featured image via YouTube.

Continue Reading

News

Trump And Kelly May Have Allowed A Yuuuuge Security Risk Into West Wing (TWEETS)

Published

on

Trump And Kelly May Have Allowed A Yuuuuge Security Risk Into West Wing (TWEETS)

Last week, White House Staff Secretary Rob Porter resigned in the wake of what seem to be very credible accusations that he physically abused his first wife and emotionally abused his second wife. In the last few days, a lot of questions have emerged about what White House officials knew, when they knew it, and how they handled it.

For example, White House Chief of Staff John Kelly reportedly claims he pushed Porter out within less than an hour of concluding the allegations were credible. But that doesn’t square with how Porter, Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and Donald Trump himself praised Porter. It also doesn’t square with reports that Kelly urged Porter to stay on, or that White House officials knew about these allegations for several months.

Those allegations were a major reason why Porter had yet to obtain a full security clearance. Well, a former National Security Council staffer under Bill Clinton thinks that is especially problematic, since Porter may have had access to information that he shouldn’t have had.

William Antholis, the CEO of the Miller Center for Public Affairs at the University of Virginia, spent four years in the Clinton administration as both director of international economic affairs on the National Security Council and as deputy to Clinton’s staff secretary, Todd Stern. In an op-ed for Politico Magazine, he revealed that based on his own experience in the White House, Porter’s interim security clearance should not have allowed him to serve as staff secretary.

Antholis recalls that the staff secretary is almost always designated as a “National Security/Special Sensitive” position, with access to “our government’s most important secrets.” For that reason, staffers in “Special Sensitive” positions must have a Top Secret/Special Compartmentalized Information clearance–also known as TS/CodeWord. People in these positions have access to secrets that are being funneled from human intelligence “embedded deep in government offices” of this country’s main competitors.

As Antholis puts it, this information is “the high holy data of intelligence,” as it comes from “our deepest and most trusted sources.” It is this information that forms a large chunk of the president’s daily intelligence briefing. These people are literally putting their lives on the line–and are only willing to do so if they know it is only being seen by “a very limited group of people–among the most trustworthy in the world.”

Continue reading below the advertisement.

Under normal conditions, Antholis argues, that select group includes the national security adviser, his or her deputy, the national security adviser’s chief of staff, the NSC staff secretary, the White House chief of staff, and the White House staff secretary. Antholis finds it “hard to imagine” that Porter would have been allowed to serve as staff secretary without TS/CodeWord clearance, as it would have required the NSC to make the flow of intelligence information go “around” Porter, rather than “through” him.

As unnerving as that may be, Antholis suspects that Porter’s interim security clearance most likely expired. Normally, interim security clearances are valid for 180 days, with the option for a 180-day extension. That means Porter may have been operating without a clearance as of January 15, 2018.

All things considered, Antholis finds it “staggering” that Kelly–a retired four-star general, a 46-year Marine Corps veteran, and a former Secretary of Homeland Security–did not realize how problematic it was to allow someone who was not “supremely trustworthy” to have access to some of our most important secrets. He believes one of three things happened–either Kelly knowingly allowed Porter to have access to TS/CodeWord information without a clearance, waived the restrictions for him, or created a system to keep extremely sensitive information out of Porter’s sight.

For obvious reasons, the first scenario would amount to, in Antholis’ words, “an extraordinary security breach.” The second scenario would have meant that Kelly would have been well aware that that he was granting a waiver to a man whom the FBI believed had been credibly accused of domestic violence. The third scenario, which Antholis calls “most defendable,” would have effectively given the NSC staff ultimate control over what paper got to Trump’s desk.

Antholis believes that Kelly, as well as Priebus, former national security adviser Michael Flynn, current national security adviser H. R. McMaster, and Trump himself have some explaining to do about Porter’s security clearance status. Even before his piece went to press, Senator Tom Udall convinced 11 of his Senate colleagues to join him in writing Kelly to demand answers.

But MSNBC correspondent Jonathan Adler has already seen enough. He believes it’s time for Kelly to go, and go now.

Congressman Ted Lieu of California thinks that if Kelly let Porter have access to classified information without a clearance, it may have been a lot more than an egregious lapse in judgment. It may have been a crime.

Whatever the case, the mere fact that we even have to ask these kinds of questions is simply unacceptable.

Continue reading below the advertisement

Sanders would have us believe that it’s not appropriate to ask a four-star general about such matters. Well, we should be doing a lot more than that. We should be demanding that Kelly resign. After this, we don’t want to hear a damn thing about Hillary Clinton’s emails again.

(featured image: screengrab courtesy MSNBC)

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Follow Us

Advertisement Photo of Byron Bay, one of Australia's best beaches!
Advertisement Photo of Byron Bay, one of Australia's best beaches!
Advertisement

Trending

Copyright © 2017 Riot Housewives.

close