Connect with us

Feature Homepage

Ariana Grande visits injured fans at Manchester hospital

Published

on

Ariana Grande visits injured fans at Manchester hospital

American singer Ariana Grande made a surprise visit with fans injured in last month’s terror attack at her concert in Manchester.

The pop star surprised youngsters Friday night at the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital ahead of a benefit concert Sunday for victims of the attack.
 
“Ariana brought everyone a sunflower and a teddy bear,” Lauren Thorpe told CNN. “It was unbelievable.”
 
Thorpe’s eight-year-old daughter, Lily, suffered a shrapnel wound in her back and is currently recovering from surgery.
 
“Lily’s face lit up and Ariana was amazing with her,” Thorpe said. “She knelt by her and sat on her bed with her and told her ‘I’m so proud of you, you are so strong and doing really well’.”

https://twitter.com/dustyblu10/status/870728415544041474

The surprise visit comes less than two weeks after a suicide bombing that targeted fans as they left Grande’s concert. Twenty-two people — many of them children — died in the blast, and close to 60 were injured.
 
After canceling her upcoming shows in London and Switzerland, Grande organized a star-studded tribute concert in Manchester for the victims. Taking the stage will be Justin Bieber, Coldplay, Katy Perry, and Miley Cyrus, among other stars.
 
All proceeds from the show will go toward the “We Love Manchester Emergency Fund,” in partnership with the British Red Cross and Manchester City Council.
 
A young girl named Jaden who met Grande from her hospital bed posted a picture of the two on Twitter. “I got to meet my queen today,” she tweeted.
 
The pop star’s visit was a much-needed respite for everyone at the hospital, Thorpe said. Her daughter even got to talk about her favorite Grande songs with the star herself, she added.
“All the children and parents were so happy she came,” Thorpe said. “It’s helped everyone focus on all of the good and kindness of people rather than the hate.”
 
 

Advertisement
Comments

Feature Homepage

U.S. Office of Government Ethics: Trump Owes $315 Million in Liabilities to Lenders

Published

on

By

U.S. Office of Government Ethics: Trump Owes $315 Million in Liabilities to Lenders

A late Friday document dump by the U.S. Office of Government Ethics revealed that President Donald Trump owes at least $315 million in personal liabilities to several U.S. and foreign lenders, according to a federal financial disclosure.

The 98-page disclosure shows that Trump has at least $130 million in liabilities to the German lender Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas as well as $110 million to Ladder Capital, a commercial real estate lender in the U.S.

The disclosure also shows that Trump reported an income of $594 million in 2016 and had $1.4 billion in assets as of early 2017. And before becoming president, he held officer positions in 565 corporations and entities, many of which had ended before he was sworn in on Jan. 20.

The White House issued a statement, saying, “President Trump welcomed the opportunity to voluntarily file his personal financial disclosure form,” which was “certified by the Office of Government Ethics pursuant to its normal procedures.”

 

Continue Reading

Celebs

Carrie Fisher died from sleep apnea, other factors, coroner says

Published

on

By

Carrie Fisher died from sleep apnea, other factors, coroner says

LOS ANGELES — Carrie Fisher died from sleep apnea and a combination of other factors, but investigators haven’t been able to pinpoint an exact cause, coroner’s officials said Friday.

Among the factors that contributed to Fisher’s death was buildup of fatty tissue in the walls of her arteries, the Los Angeles County coroner’s office said in a news release late Friday. The release states that the Star Wars actress showed signs of having taken multiple drugs, but investigators could not determine whether they contributed to her death in December.

The agency did not immediately respond to a request for additional details about whether a full autopsy report and toxicology results were available.

Fisher, 60, suffered a medical emergency on an international flight on Dec. 23. Her mother, longtime movie star Debbie Reynolds, died the following day.

Fisher’s brother, Todd Fisher, said he was not surprised by the results. He added that his family did not want a coroner’s investigation of his sister’s death. “We’re not enlightened. There’s nothing about this that is enlightening,” he said.

“I would tell you, from my perspective that there’s certainly no news that Carrie did drugs,” Todd Fisher said. He noted that his sister wrote about her drug use frequently, and that many of the drugs she took were prescribed by doctors to try to treat her mental health conditions.

Fisher long battled drug addiction and mental illness. She said she smoked pot at 13, used LSD by 21 and was diagnosed as bipolar at 24. She was treated with electroshock therapy and medication.

“I am not shocked that part of her health was affected by drugs,” Todd Fisher said.

Continue Reading

Celebs

Bill Cosby’s Sexual Assault Case Ends in a Mistrial After Jury Deadlocks

Bill Cosby‘s sexual assault case ended in a mistrial on Saturday, June 17, after jurors were unable to reach a unanimous verdict on any of the three counts of aggravated indecent assault with which the actor had been charged.

Published

on

By

Bill Cosby’s Sexual Assault Case Ends in a Mistrial After Jury Deadlocks

Bill Cosby‘s sexual assault case ended in a mistrial on Saturday, June 17, after jurors were unable to reach a unanimous verdict on any of the three counts of aggravated indecent assault with which the actor had been charged.

Bill Cosby‘s sexual assault case ended in a mistrial on Saturday, June 17, after jurors were unable to reach a unanimous verdict on any of the three counts of aggravated indecent assault with which the actor had been charged.

The jury of seven men and five women reviewed the case for more than 50 hours over a six-day period. Earlier in the week, they told the judge that they were deadlocked, but he ordered them to continue deliberating. On Saturday morning, all jurors agreed that there was “hopeless deadlock that cannot be resolved on further deliberations,” BuzzFeed News reported.

Cosby’s attorney Brian McMonagle immediately moved for a mistrial, which was granted by the judge. CNN reported that prosecutors announced that they plan to retry the case.

The Cosby Show alum, 79, walked out of court a free man and was spared from what could have been a 30-year prison sentence. He was accused of drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004.

Cosby, who pleaded not guilty to the charges, did not take the stand during the weeklong trial, though excerpts from his 2005 and 2006 depositions about his relationship with Constand were read aloud.

Continue Reading

Facebook

Advertisement

Trending Stories

Featured Articles

Trending