Connect with us

Feature Homepage

LIVE BREAKING NEWS: Terrorist Attack on London Bridge (Live Video)

Published

on

BREAKING: ‘Van ploughs into 15-20 people’ on London Bridge

ARMED police have swooped on London Bridge after a car reportedly ploughed into dozens of people.

‘Potential act of terrorism’ – Theresa May

Prime Minister Theresa May has said the “terrible incident” in London is being treated as a “potential act of terrorism”.

She will chair the government’s emergency committee COBRA on Sunday morning.

Recap for those joining us – what we know so far.
Here’s a recap of what we know so far:
-Police confirm there is more than one fatality
-Reports suggest there is more than one incident
-First, a white van hits pedestrians at London Bridge at about 22:15
-A short time later there are reports of men carrying knives at Borough Market. Armed -officers responded and shots were fired
-A third incident is taking place at Vauxhall, Scotland Yard says

Prime minister on her way to Downing Street
Prime Minister Theresa May is now on her way to Downing Street to receive further briefings from security officials.

Attacker stabbing people with long knife – eyewitness

A security guard who oversees a number of pubs in the area has told the BBC he saw four people stabbed by three attackers.

The man, who was deeply shocked and asked not to be named, said he was at the Market Porter pub when a colleague at another bar said there was a stabbing at the Borough Bistro pub nearby.

He said he went towards this pub and saw that “everybody started running” and there was screaming.

The eyewitness added that he saw three attackers, one of whom had a long knife and stabbing people, including a girl in her early 20s.

The Shard and the Globe evacuated

The incidents have taken place in the heart of a popular area of the city for tourists.

Armed police have evacuated the Shard, the Globe and businesses in a mile radius of the scene.

Police looking for three men – reports

 

The BBC’s Nick Quraishi at the scene says he is now able to corroborate earlier reports of gunshots being fired.

Reports suggest it may have been more than one incident:

  • A van hitting people at London Bridge and three people then jumping out of the vehicle and attacking members of the public;
  • A separate incident at Borough Market
  • Police have now said they are responding to a third incident in Vauxhall

It is understood that police are looking for three suspects who may be armed.

Confirmed 3rd incident:

‘No warning’ this was about to happen

Whitehall officials say the police are leading on this incident, not intelligence agencies.

It appears to have taken the authorities by surprise, i.e. there was no intelligence warning or surveillance indicating this was about to happen.

Reports say that incident is still ongoing – police tell people in local bars and restaurants to get on the floor

Police have been entering bars and restaurants in the area and telling customers to get down on the floor amid reports that the incident is still ongoing. London Bridge is closed both ways Transport for London (TfL) said, warning the public to avoid the area. Trains are currently not stopping at London Bridge or Borough stations.

Scotland Yard said officers were at the scene and it would update with further information.

London Ambulance said multiple resources were attending the area.

Police are searching for three suspects – reports
Police are now searching for three suspects, a BBC reporter at the scene says.
He says there are also reports that some people have been stabbed.
The priority for the police is now to get people – many whom where enjoying a nightout in central London – out of the area.
The police cordon is being moved further and further out, our reporter adds.

Update:
“Significant” gunfire reported and up to six shots fired near the Shard
There are now reports of” five or six shots” fired or explosions of some kind from witnesses on Southwark Street, about 300 yards from the Shard.
“The sense I’m getting is that this is not a situation that is over,” LBC’s reporter on ground has said. “This is still an incident that is very much ongoing”.

Update: There was an incident on the London Bridge where a car was seen traveling at a high rate of speed and running over people. There are conflicting reports of how many suspects there are but anywhere from 1-3 suspects got out of the van and started stabbing people. Multiple people are injured. No known number is official. Casualties are also reported but not confirmed.

Update: There are also reports from nearby stores/cafes of suspects entering them and stabbing/shooting people. Still unconfirmed. We are working to confirm all reports. Stay with us. Please keep those affected in your thoughts. Stay safe.
People at the scene have claimed the incident is a “terrorist attack”.

 

https://twitter.com/StatsBritain/status/871129549194526722

 

 

Reporters have seen people fleeing the area and running away from the bridge in tears.

Witnesses claim to have seen a speeding white van veering into pedestrians.

And Twitter users have suggested seeing “bodies” strewn across the iconic landmark.

London’s transport authority said London Bridge station had been closed at the request of the police.

And the Metropolitan Police say officers responded to an incident at Borough Market nearby. 

Emergency helicopters, ambulances and police cars have all been sighted in the area.

One terrified woman said she was at a restaurant and police swarmed on the area.

She said police were shooting. “We had to run. There was loads of shooting.”

Will Heaven of The Spectator claims to have seen two casualties – one on the pavement, one on the edge of the road.

Several restaurants and hotels in the vicinity have reportedly been evacuated. 

It comes just two months after a terrorist mowed down pedestrians at Westminster Bridge before stabbing an unarmed cop. Five victims were killed in the attack.

The Met Police tweeted tonight: “We are dealing with an incident on LondonBridge, when we have more information we will update this twitter feed.”

“Officers are on the scene at London Bridge.”

The London Ambulance Service tweeted: “Multiple resources attending an incident at LondonBridge, please avoid the area. Only call 999 in an emergency.”

Witnesses at the scene have claimed the incident occurred on the southside of the bridge.

 

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Feature Homepage

U.S. Office of Government Ethics: Trump Owes $315 Million in Liabilities to Lenders

Published

on

By

U.S. Office of Government Ethics: Trump Owes $315 Million in Liabilities to Lenders

A late Friday document dump by the U.S. Office of Government Ethics revealed that President Donald Trump owes at least $315 million in personal liabilities to several U.S. and foreign lenders, according to a federal financial disclosure.

The 98-page disclosure shows that Trump has at least $130 million in liabilities to the German lender Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas as well as $110 million to Ladder Capital, a commercial real estate lender in the U.S.

The disclosure also shows that Trump reported an income of $594 million in 2016 and had $1.4 billion in assets as of early 2017. And before becoming president, he held officer positions in 565 corporations and entities, many of which had ended before he was sworn in on Jan. 20.

The White House issued a statement, saying, “President Trump welcomed the opportunity to voluntarily file his personal financial disclosure form,” which was “certified by the Office of Government Ethics pursuant to its normal procedures.”

 

Continue Reading

Celebs

Carrie Fisher died from sleep apnea, other factors, coroner says

Published

on

By

Carrie Fisher died from sleep apnea, other factors, coroner says

LOS ANGELES — Carrie Fisher died from sleep apnea and a combination of other factors, but investigators haven’t been able to pinpoint an exact cause, coroner’s officials said Friday.

Among the factors that contributed to Fisher’s death was buildup of fatty tissue in the walls of her arteries, the Los Angeles County coroner’s office said in a news release late Friday. The release states that the Star Wars actress showed signs of having taken multiple drugs, but investigators could not determine whether they contributed to her death in December.

The agency did not immediately respond to a request for additional details about whether a full autopsy report and toxicology results were available.

Fisher, 60, suffered a medical emergency on an international flight on Dec. 23. Her mother, longtime movie star Debbie Reynolds, died the following day.

Fisher’s brother, Todd Fisher, said he was not surprised by the results. He added that his family did not want a coroner’s investigation of his sister’s death. “We’re not enlightened. There’s nothing about this that is enlightening,” he said.

“I would tell you, from my perspective that there’s certainly no news that Carrie did drugs,” Todd Fisher said. He noted that his sister wrote about her drug use frequently, and that many of the drugs she took were prescribed by doctors to try to treat her mental health conditions.

Fisher long battled drug addiction and mental illness. She said she smoked pot at 13, used LSD by 21 and was diagnosed as bipolar at 24. She was treated with electroshock therapy and medication.

“I am not shocked that part of her health was affected by drugs,” Todd Fisher said.

Continue Reading

Celebs

Bill Cosby’s Sexual Assault Case Ends in a Mistrial After Jury Deadlocks

Bill Cosby‘s sexual assault case ended in a mistrial on Saturday, June 17, after jurors were unable to reach a unanimous verdict on any of the three counts of aggravated indecent assault with which the actor had been charged.

Published

on

By

Bill Cosby’s Sexual Assault Case Ends in a Mistrial After Jury Deadlocks

Bill Cosby‘s sexual assault case ended in a mistrial on Saturday, June 17, after jurors were unable to reach a unanimous verdict on any of the three counts of aggravated indecent assault with which the actor had been charged.

Bill Cosby‘s sexual assault case ended in a mistrial on Saturday, June 17, after jurors were unable to reach a unanimous verdict on any of the three counts of aggravated indecent assault with which the actor had been charged.

The jury of seven men and five women reviewed the case for more than 50 hours over a six-day period. Earlier in the week, they told the judge that they were deadlocked, but he ordered them to continue deliberating. On Saturday morning, all jurors agreed that there was “hopeless deadlock that cannot be resolved on further deliberations,” BuzzFeed News reported.

Cosby’s attorney Brian McMonagle immediately moved for a mistrial, which was granted by the judge. CNN reported that prosecutors announced that they plan to retry the case.

The Cosby Show alum, 79, walked out of court a free man and was spared from what could have been a 30-year prison sentence. He was accused of drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004.

Cosby, who pleaded not guilty to the charges, did not take the stand during the weeklong trial, though excerpts from his 2005 and 2006 depositions about his relationship with Constand were read aloud.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Trending