Home Blog Page 3

The latest on Jim Ross-AEW contract talks

The latest on Jim Ross-AEW contract talks

 

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross shared the latest update on how discussions with AEW (All Elite Wrestling) are going. He did so during an appearance on the latest episode of Inside The Ropes.

The legendary announcer stated that his goal is to get a deal done in order for him to work AEW’s Double or Nothing event.

“We’re trying to get all the I’s dotted and T’s crossed. Hopefully, my tenure will eventually lead me to AEW, who we’ve been negotiating with for quite some time. That’s my goal. Start to work there and be part of their presentation in May and in Vegas for Double or Nothing.”

The event goes down on May 25th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Kenny Omega is slated to take on Chris Jericho at AEW Double or Nothing, which will serve as the headliner of the show.

You can listen to the entire interview by clicking on the player below:

 

NeNe Leakes Says She Cried After Witnessing Cynthia Bailey’s Lies

NeNe Leakes Says She Cried After Witnessing Cynthia Bailey’s Lies

 

Cynthia Bailey

On Sunday night’s season finale of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, fans witnessed Cynthia Bailey do some underhanded things to NeNe Leakes — essentially ending their friendship.

During the finale episode,Cynthia Bailey hosted a party to announce her new Seagram’s cocktail beverage. Drama erupted after NeNe Leakes discovered former Housewife, Kenya Moore, was in attendance without getting the heads up from party host/close friend, Cynthia.

As fans know, Kenya Moore  and NeNe share a contentious relationship and NeNe expressed that she preferred not to be around the former Miss USA. Press play below to watch.

Cynthia vehemently denied knowing Kenya Moore would show up and claimed Kandi Burruss was responsible for bringing Kenya to the event.

However, Cynthia certainly looked very guilty when a live mic caught her trying to cover up that she plotted to bring NeNe’s rival Kenya Moore back on the show without Leakes’ knowledge.

“I’m supposed to act like I didn’t know Kenya was coming,” Bailey, 52, whispered to boyfriend Mike Hill while at the launch event.

Cynthia Bailey

The former model was again caught covering things up during a convo with Kandi off-camera after the event.

“I just want to make sure we was on the same page, setting up how Kenya got here,” Bailey told Burruss, who repeatedly warned Bailey, “I’m mic’d, I’m mic’d , I’m mic’d , I’m mic’d!!!!!”

After the episode aired, NeNe Leakes hopped on Youtube to break down the drama and explain how she felt watching Cynthia lie and betray their friendship. Press play to watch below.

Last month, NeNe Leakes announced on Instagram Live that she was no longer friends with Cynthia Bailey. She claimed that the model was “sneaky and underhanded” and had “lied and lied and lied,” promising fans would see proof in the season finale of The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Share your thoughts on Sunday night’s finale in the comments below!

Real Housewives of Atlanta Season 11 finale airs Sunday, March 31 on Bravo, at 8:00 p.m. ET.

USA Network renews Miz and Mrs for another season

USA Network renews Miz and Mrs for another season

 

WWE issued the following press release:

USA NETWORK RENEWS ‘MIZ & MRS’ FOR SEASON TWO

NEW YORK, NY – April 2, 2019 – USA Network today announced a second season pickup for the hit unscripted series MIZ & MRS. Produced by WWE® and Bunim/Murray Productions, MIZ & MRS’ 20-episode season two is expected to air in 2020. The continuation of season one begins tonight, April 2 at 10/9c on USA Network.

MIZ & MRS gives an exclusive glimpse into the A-List lifestyle of married WWE Superstars, The Miz and Maryse™. After trading the Hollywood Hills for a quiet life in Austin, Texas, the power couple soon discover there’s nothing “quiet” about a life filled with two dogs, two cats, their adorable baby, Monroe, a crazy live-in mother-in-law and the demands of their high-octane careers. With new mom, Maryse, returning to the ring just months after giving birth and Mike’s career soaring to new heights, The Miz and Maryse continue to prove their outrageous in-ring personalities are no act.

For MIZ & MRS, Gil Goldschein, Farnaz Farjam-Chazan and Russell Jay serve as executive producers for Bunim/Murray Productions, and Kevin Dunn serves as executive producer for WWE. The Miz (Michael Mizanin) and Maryse (Maryse Mizanin) are also executive producers.

‘What is next, putting nuclear codes in Instagram DMs?!?!’

‘What is next, putting nuclear codes in Instagram DMs?!?!’

 

NBC News / YouTube Alexandria Ocasio Cortez gives inaugural address 1553459993.jpg...
NBC News / YouTube

For a couple of years now there have been reports that the people getting high level security clearances in our government, under Trump, were dubious to say the least. This week has seen huge revelations from veteran White House security adviser Tricia Newbold that the Trump administration didn’t simply give security clearances to seemingly anybody Trump liked, they overruled internal security clearance denials to allow at least 25 individuals despite concerns about their ties to foreign influence, conflicts of interests, questionable or criminal conduct, financial problems or drug abuse.” Since then, the eternally disappointing Republican Party has attempted to defend this clear national security issue by saying only five of these people had really “serious” issues denying them HIGH LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCES IN THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT!!!!

Today, Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez tried to put in to perspective why this is such a serious and pressing issue. Speaking at the House Oversight Committee, Rep. Ocasio-Cortez had a hard time staying calm as she parsed through these insane revelations.

Rep. Ocasio-Cortez: Folks are suggesting that we are conducting foreign relations with folks with security clearances via WhatsApp? I mean every day that we go on, without getting to the bottom of this matter is the day that we are putting hundreds, possibly thousands of Americans at risk. I mean what is next, putting nuclear codes in Instagram DMs? This is ridiculous!

It would be laugh out loud funny if it wasn’t so goddamn serious.

You can watch the rest here.

 

Mark Henry pitches WWE Hall of Fame induction for Nation Of Domination

Mark Henry pitches WWE Hall of Fame induction for Nation Of Domination

 

Mark Henry has already taken his rightful place in WWE’s Hall of Fame class. Now, he thinks it’s time for the Nation of Domination to be inducted in this honorable place.

He elaborated on his belief while attending a meet-and-greet at a recent Binghamton Devils of the AHL game. This is where he spoke with Wrestling Inc about a wide range of topics including the reasoning this group should be honored. Although the group was only active from 1996-1998, they left their impact on the pro wrestling business.

The likes of The Rock, Ron Simmons, Henry, Kama Mustafa, and D’Lo Brown were part of this group. While in the faction, The Rock held the Intercontinental Champion and D’Lo Brown was a two-time European Champion.

“Of course. You have already three of the best wrestlers in the world and three guys in that faction already in it,” Henry said of himself, Ron Simmons and The Godfather. “It’s just a matter of time until D-Lo Brown gets in. He’s the only odd man out, him and Owen Hart.

“So, I’m looking forward to seeing those guys go in then we’ll have six guys in the Hall of Fame [counting the eventual induction of The Rock].”
You can watch the entire interview by clicking on the player below:

There is no ‘Republican healthcare plan’—period

There is no ‘Republican healthcare plan’—period

 

WTVC NewsChannel 9 / YouTube Protesters push for medicaid expansion across 1553773560.jpg...
WTVC NewsChannel 9 / YouTube

Once again, Trump is all but challenging the press to call his bluff. This time, it’s over his improbable and utterly unsubstantiated claim that Republicans will soon unveil a healthcare plan to rival Obamacare. There’s likely not a single journalist in Washington, D.C. who believes that boast. But will they say so? Will they set aside phony concerns for “balance” and  announce clearly and without apology that Trump is lying, yet again? It’s paramount that they do.

Republicans, of course, have spent a decade trying to obliterate Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act, the federally funded program that extended medical insurance to approximately 20 million previously uninsured people. Last week, Trump’s Department of Justice shocked many political observers, including Republicans in Congress, when it asked a federal appeals court to completely invalidate President Barack Obama’s signature domestic achievement, including its protections for people with preexisting conditions, as well as Obamacare’s guarantee that children can stay on their parents’ insurance until age 26. A study by the Urban Institute’s Health Policy Center indicates that as many as 20 million Americans could lose their coverage if the ACA is struck down.

Tens of millions more with workplace plans could also be affected, as employers would be allowed to scale back certain medical benefits and people with preexisting conditions buying coverage on their own would no longer be guaranteed access to coverage at no extra cost,” the Washington Post reports.

“If we win on the termination of Obamacare, we will have a plan that’s far better than Obamacare, including, very importantly, preexisting conditions, which I’ve always been in favor of,” Trump told reporters last week, in a statement completely wrapped in fantasy, simply because there is no GOP plan. Period.

In a way, health care represents the Trump administration’s original gaslighting project. Just weeks after being sworn into office, Trump, with the help of GOP leaders, unleashed an unprecedented campaign of open deceit to sell the GOP alternative to Obamacare, as they readied their vote to kill the landmark legislation.

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 1: Health care activists lift signage promoting the Affordable Care Act during a rally as part of the national "March for Health" movement in front of Trump Tower on April 1, 2017 in New York City. (Photo by Kevin Hagen/Getty Images)

Republicans wouldn’t stop lying about the House bill that was up for a Senate vote in 2017. No, it did not protect people with preexisting conditions. It did not protect older Americans from increased insurance costs. It did not mean everyone would be charged the same for insurance. The bill wasn’t ”bipartisan.” And it most certainly did not allow “for every single person to get the access to the kind of coverage that they want,” as then-Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price claimed.

There’s a difference between occasionally shading the truth in order to try to win a political argument over health care, and just rushing over into the domain chronically lying. And that’s where the Trump administration has been since early 2017—chronic, unapologetic lying.

These days, Trump’s claim that Republicans will soon unveil a “spectacular” healthcare design to rival Obamacare runs so completely counter to everything that Beltway reporters understand and know to be factual that there’s really no reason for any of them take the claim seriously. Indeed, searching for the Republican healthcare alternative to Obamacare today is like looking for a mythical beast; it’s the Loch Ness Monster of public policy.

And yet the press still stumbles on this issue. Over the weekend, Jonathan Karl, while hosting ABC News’ This Weekasked acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney about the Republican plan to deal with health care if Obamacare were struck down by the courts. Specifically, Karl wanted to know if any Republican plan would cover people with pre-existing conditions. Mulvaney responded by insisting that the (nonexistent) Republican plan would basically cover everything Obamacare does, which makes no sense since Republicans have been trying to dismantle Obamacare for a decade. Karl though, didn’t press Mulvaney on any part of his fantastical, disingenuous answer.

“Honestly, no other words than ‘pathetic,’” lamented Soledad O’Brien on Twitter, after seeing a clip of the This Week exchange. But it wasn’t just ABC News that took the bait. “White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney guarantees no one will lose coverage if Obamacare struck down,” read the USA Today headline on Sunday, which likely made White House staffers smile. And from CNN: “Mulvaney hits Dems on health care but GOP plan unclear.” Unclear? I believe “nonexistent” is the term that CNN was looking for.

WASHINGTON, DC - JULY 25: Supporters of the Affordable Care Act gather to listen as Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) speaks during a press conference after Republicans successfully passed a key procedural vote in the U.S. Senate July 25, 2017 in Washington, DC. Republicans were able to pass a procedural measure with a tie-breaking vote from Vice President Mike Pence about beginning debate on U.S. President Donald Trump's effort to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)

Meanwhile, Republican Sen. Rick Scott of Florida, recently tapped by Trump to help formulate this fabled Republican healthcare plan, appeared on CBS’s Face the Nation, where he gave a masterclass in gibberish and evasiveness. “I look forward to, you know, to seeing what the president’s going to put out,” Scott said unconvincingly when asked where the GOP healthcare plan was. Yet in the CBS write-up of his appearance, Scott’s shallow dodging about the fictional GOP blueprint was politely glossed over: “Asked if he will make sure any Republican health care plan to replace the ACA will not prompt people to lose their coverage, Scott demurred and said he’s focused on driving down the cost of health care.”

Note that over on CNN, Jake Tapper recently hosted Mulvaney, where Trump’s point man insisted Republicans are committed to protecting people who have preexisting conditions. Unlike Karl on ABC though, Tapper then detailed how GOP policy doesn’t protect people with preexisting conditions from being charged more from insurance companies, while Obamacare does. And the Washington Post recently reported that, despite Trump’s hollow boasts about producing a new healthcare blueprint, Republicans in Congress have zero intentions on creating one—it’s not happening.

That’s the kind of clear reporting this issue demands. Journalists shouldn’t waste their time chasing an imaginary Republican healthcare plan.

Tom D’Agostino Claims Luann de Lesseps Cheated First In the Marriage

Tom D’Agostino Claims Luann de Lesseps Cheated First In the Marriage

 

Luann de Lesseps

LuAnn de Lesseps’ ex-husband is claiming that he’s not the only one that cheated in the marriage and claims the countess abused pills!

Tom D’Agostino Jr. is supposedly pissed that his ex-wife recently told a crowd at one of her “Countess and Friends” cabaret show that he was unfaithful during the marriage, reports Page Six. This prompted the New York playboy to expose that the Countess was actually the first to cheat in the marriage and he followed her lead and did the same.

The couple wed on New Year’s Eve 2017 and split, a few months later in August 2018.

According to the outlet, D’Agostino has been making fun of the reality star’s failing sobriety, who’s been in and out of rehab since the end of their marriage.

“I didn’t realize I was marrying a Walgreens!,” claiming that she had more pills around the house than the pharmacy chain.

On Dec. 24, de Lesseps, 53, was charged with disorderly intoxication, battery of an officer/firefighter/EMT, resisting arrest with violence and threatening a public servant, according to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. She has since completed two stints in rehab for alcohol addiction but the pill accusation is new to the public.

The Real Housewives of New York star told Page Six, “I wish [D’Agostino] well. I have moved on, and I hope he can do the same.”

Drew McIntyre has high expectations for Roman Reigns match at WrestleMania 35

Drew McIntyre has high expectations for Roman Reigns match at WrestleMania 35

 

Drew McIntyre continues to make the media rounds to promote his match at the biggest event of the year for WWE, WrestleMania 35.

At this show, the former WWE Raw Tag Team Champion has a big-time match lined up in front of him as he’ll take on former WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns. This will mark Reigns’ first singles match since last year when he took time off from in-ring action in order to battle leukemia.

While making an appearance on DC 101 where he spoke about a wide range of topics, the Monday Night Raw star made it known that they will bring a physicality that no other match can compare to at this show.

“I got the butterflies, I’ve got the nerves. The day that stops is the day I retire,” stated McIntyre. “I feel beyond ready and with someone like Roman, who like you say is used to that big stage, a phenomenal performer and so physical like myself. I know we’re bringing something that no one else will be able to compete with because we’re two big physical guys.It’s going to be a war. It’s going to be great.”

You can watch the entire interview by clicking on the player below:

H/T to Wrestling Inc for the transcription

Rey Mysterio is injured

Rey Mysterio is injured

 

WWE has announced that Rey Mysterio suffered an ankle injury on Monday Night Raw during his match with Baron Corbin. It was obvious to some that something was wrong during the match.

Mysterio was supposed to face Andrade on SmackDown Live but the match was scrapped because of the injury.

Denise Richards Calls ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ Costars Fake!

Denise Richards Calls ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ Costars Fake!

 

Denise Richards

Denise Richards is sounding off about her Real Housewives of Beverly Hills costars and revealed that some cast members act differently when the cameras start rolling.

“I want to be myself because… like I said, I don’t think of this as a job. It’s being myself in this group of women and being integrated to that world and the dynamics. I’m not trying to pretend to be a character that I’m playing,” Denise told Bruce Bozzi during her appearance on Sirius XM on March 28.

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills newbie told the radio host that some of her cast mates behave differently off-camera.

“There’s a couple, I’m going to keep my mouth shut [about] who, who are a little different off-camera and on-camera,” she said. “It’s not that they aren’t nice, it’s that they are not themselves. There’s a bit of a wall and I think there would be things that would be said if it were real life.”

“Some of them I had talked to off camera and then when I saw them on camera, I wasn’t expecting certain things,” she said.

Denise Richards, 48, says she reached out to her ex-husband, Charlie Sheen, before deciding to join the Bravo reality series.

“As an actor in this business, I respect his opinion,” Denise revealed. “So I said, ‘What do you think?’ And he goes, ‘I think it could be really cool.’”

The new bride says that regardless if Charlie Sheen had advised her not to take the role, she would have done the show anyway.

“But it was interesting to get his side of it because I have a lot of respect for him as the father and also being in this business for as many years as he has,” she added.

Listen below.

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills season nine airs Tuesdays at 9:00 p.m. on Bravo TV.

Must Read