Connect with us

Featured

Trump Just Released The Mar-A-Lago Visitor Logs, But The Devil Is In The Details

Laura Conway

Published

on

Trump Just Released The Mar-A-Lago Visitor Logs, But The Devil Is In The Details

 

A tweetstorm from ProPublica this evening laid out in laymen’s terms how Trump is “spitting in the eye of transparency,” according to CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics) and two other watchdog groups who sued the president for access to his January to March Mar-A-Lago visitor logs, so the public could see what foreign dignitaries, CEOs and lobbyists might have paid for access to him.  To say nothing of Russian agents.

According to a court order based on the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Trump’s Justice Department was supposed to have released the names of all the visitors during the period in question by last Friday.  They were granted an extension to today.  But when they submitted the logs, there were only 22 names on them — a brief rundown of the Japanese Prime Minister’s entourage.

The administration rationalized their secrecy by saying that the “Presidential schedule information is not subject to FOIA,” citing a decision by, of all people, the very Obama Supreme Court nominee, Merrick Garland, that the Republicans refused to confirm, so they could shoehorn in Trump lackey, Neil Gorsuch.

In their thread, ProPublica asked, “@TheJusticeDept had nearly 2 months to compile these logs. And last week DOJ asked for a week extension. So what took so long?”

If it took Attorney General Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III’s team almost two months to release only 22 names, something’s rotten in the state of Trumpland.

According to a BuzzFeed report this morning:

“The government misled the plaintiffs and the court,” National Security Archive director Tom Blanton said in a statement after the release. “I can only conclude that the Trump White House intervened and overrode career lawyers.”

Not taking Trump’s obfuscation lying down, CREW Executive Director, Noah Bookbinder, tweeted out tonight, “See you in court, Mr. President.”

ProPublica added that 320 more FOIAs remain as-yet unanswered by the Trump administration.

In other words, the more the administration has to hide, the more watchdog groups are determined to discover the truth.  May the patriots fighting to defend the Constitution emerge victorious in this battle for the core of our national character.

Advertisement
2 Comments

2 Comments

  1. Elvi Bartlett

    Sep 18, 2017 at 1:47 am

    💉

  2. Michelle Evans

    Sep 18, 2017 at 8:33 pm

    Get over it. He’s the president🙄

Leave a Reply

Celebs

Harvey Weinstein to TWC Board, ‘I’m Sorry, I Have a Real Problem’

Jamie Florence

Published

on

Harvey Weinstein to TWC Board, ‘I’m Sorry, I Have a Real Problem’

 

 

Harvey Weinstein was apologetic and contrite during the Board of Directors meeting Tuesday when he resigned under pressure from the Board … sources connected to the meeting tell TMZ.

We’re told there was no screaming, no yelling, no anger. Harvey Weinstein told the Board, “I have a real problem,” and then apologized for the “trouble and confusion” he caused TWC.

We’re told Weinstein, who was on speaker phone from Arizona, told the Board he needed to build a new life and move on.

Our sources say everyone sounded conciliatory … partly because the handwriting was on the wall.  The Board made it clear Weinstein had a legal obligation to resign from the Board after it ratified his firing from TWC. He did just that.

Harvey, we’re told, was “peaceful” during the meeting and Bob was subdued.

We’re told the sense of the Board is that Harvey Weinstein will not force his firing to arbitration or court.

Our sources say both Harvey and Bob Weinstein have an overriding interest in making sure Colony Capital succeeds in restructuring the company — money. The each have roughly 21% equity interest in TWC, and if the company fails, they walk away with nothing.

As one source put it, “Harvey and Bob have a huge stake in making sure Colony Capital can put Humpty Dumpty back together again.”

Continue Reading

Featured

Trump’s Net Worth Plummets By $600 Million

Published

on

Trump’s Net Worth Plummets By $600 Million

 

As much as Donald Trump loves to brag about how rich he is, turns out he’s a lot less wealthy than he was a year ago.

Forbes magazine has just released their annual ranking of the 400 richest Americans has some very bad news for the Donald: His net worth has fallen drastically by $600 million, meaning he’s only worth an estimated $3.1 billion. That drops him 92 spots on the Top 400 list, from #146 to #248.

Ouch!

What led to the sudden drop in Trump’s worth? Forbes notes:

“A tough New York real estate market, particularly for retail locations; a costly lawsuit and an expensive presidential campaign.”

Ironically, America’s richest people are richer than they were in 2016, but not Trump.

Continue reading below the advertisement.

For the 24th year in a row, Bill Gates tops the list, with an estimated net worth of $89 billion. Here’s the rest of the top 10:

  • Jeff Bezos, Amazon, $67 billion
  • Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway, $65.5 billion
  • Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, $55.5 billion
  • Larry Ellison, Oracle, $49.3 billion
  • Michael Bloomberg, Bloomberg LP, $45 billion
  • Charles Koch, Koch Industries, $42 billion
  • David Koch, Koch Industries, $42 billion
  • Larry Page, Google, $48.5 billion
  • Sergey Brin, Google, $37.5 billion

And Trump fared even worse on the Bloomberg’s worldwide billionaires list, which rates his worth at $2.86 billion. That doesn’t even qualify him to be named as one of the 500 richest people in the world.

Continue reading below the advertisement

Expect a Trump Twitter meltdown before the end of business Tuesday.

Featured Image Via YouTube

Continue Reading

Featured

Trump Just Spread This Horrible Lie About the Last Few Presidents

Riot Housewives

Published

on

Trump Just Spread This Horrible Lie About the Last Few Presidents

 

ust a day after Donald Trump’s controversial blatantly false remarks that former President Barack Obama and the other presidents didn’t call the families of soldiers killed in action ignited the internet, the president is at it again. At a radio event at the White House, Trump doubled-down on his comments, telling Fox News Radio host Brian Killmeade, “I mean, you could ask General [John] Kelly did he get a call from Obama. You could ask other people. I don’t know what Obama’s policy was.”

By General John Kelly, Trump was referring to his beleaguered chief of staff, who tragically lost his son in 2010. First Lieutenant Robert Michael Kelly was leading a unit when he stepped on a concealed explosive device.

Kelly – *understandably* – didn’t comment on Trump’s allegations, and while former White House aides can’t remember Obama calling him, they do remember that the former president did something even better than call…

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Follow Us

Newsletter

Advertisement

Trending

Hey there!

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Close
of

Processing files…


Warning: Illegal string offset 'update_browscap' in /home/riothousewives/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-statistics/includes/classes/statistics.class.php on line 157